ELIZABETH STUCKEY-FRENCH, Professor, MFA Iowa Writers Workshop (1992), specializes in fiction. She was a James A. Michener Fellow at the University of Iowa and is the author of a short story collection, The First Paper Girl in Red Oak, Iowa, and two novels, The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady and Mermaids on the Moon. Her stories have appeared in The Atlantic Monthly, The Gettysburg Review, The Southern Review, Five Points, and other literary journals. In 2005, she received an O. Henry Award for the story "Mudlavia," cited by juror Richard Russo as "favorite story."
- Where Wicked Starts, with Patricia Henley, Lacewing, 2014.
- The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady, Doubleday, February 2011.
- Mermaids on the Moon, Doubleday, 2002.
- The First Paper Girl in Red Oak, Iowa and Other Stories, Doubleday, 2000.
- "My Haunted Honeymoon," forthcoming in The Normal School, Fall 2010 issue.
- "Interview with a Moron," winner of Narrative Magazine's Love Story contest, 2008.
- "Mudlavia," The Atlantic Monthly, 2003.
- "Where the Bad Guys Are," Five Points, 2002.
- "Leufredus," The Southern Review, 1998.
- "The First Paper Girl in Red Oak, Iowa," The Gettysburg Review, 1998.
- "Electric Wizard," The Atlantic Monthly, 1998.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Received grants from the Howard Foundation, the Indiana Arts Foundation, and the Florida Arts Foundation.
- O. Henry Award, 2005.