JAMES KIMBRELL, Professor, Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia, MFA, University of Virginia, M.A., Center for Writers at the University of Southern Mississippi, B.A. Millsaps College, specializes in poetry. His poems, reviews and translations have appeared in anthologies such as Best American Poetry and The Pushcart Prize, and in magazines such as Poetry, Field, Fence, Ploughshares, and The Nation. He is the author of The Gatehouse Heaven, My Psychic, and Smote, all from Sarabande Books.
- Smote, Sarabande Books, 2015.
- My Psychic, Sarabande Books, 2006.
- Three Poets of Modern Korea: Yi Sang, Hahm Dong-Seon and Choi Young-Mi, a collection of translations from the Korean with Jung-Yul Yu, Sarabande Books, 2002.
- The Gatehouse Heaven, Sarabande Books, 1998.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Pushcart Prize (2017)
- National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship (2017, 2005)
- John Simon Guggenheim Foundation Fellowship (2016)
- Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship (2015)
- John and Renee Grisham Emerging Writer-in-Residence, University of Mississippi (2008)
- Devil's Kitchen Reading Award (2007)
- Florida Book Award, Good Medal in Poetry (2006)
- Walter E. Dakin Fellowship, Sewanee Writers’ Conference (2000)
- Whiting Award (1998)
- Kathryn A. Morton Prize (1997)
- Bess Hokin Prize from Poetry Magazine (1997)
- The Nation / Discovery Award (1997)
- Academy of American Poets Prize (1996, 1997)
- Ruth Lilly Fellowship (1992)
- Henry Hoynes Fellowship, UVa (1992)
- Ford Foundation Fellowship (1987-1989)