What can I do with my English major?
- FSU Career Center Match Major Sheets
- You may want to know how your field of study connects with specific opportunities. The English major prepares you for a variety of careers. The options for each of the industries below are designed to get you thinking about occupations in your field of interest. These are not all of the occupations you may consider. For further exploration, please visit the FSU Career Center library to access more occupational resources and books.
- FSUshadow – Job Shadow Program to Explore Industries
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – U.S. Department of Labor – Research Occupations
- ONet Online – Find Occupational Information
- English Major Transferable Skills – In order to market your English degree effectively, it is important for future employers to understand what professional skills you gained within and outside of the classroom and how you’ve applied them.
- Skills and Attributes Employers Seek - National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
- FSU Career Center Transferable Job Skills Checklist
- FSU ProfessioNole Ready Program – Online Professional Development Series
- Linkedin Learning- Technical Skills Training Courses
- What do FSU English Alumni do?
- ProfessioNole Mentors/Mentee Program – Connect with FSU Alumni Online
- Use the Alumni LinkedIn tool to search for English alumni to see what they are doing with their degrees and conduct an informational interview