At the end of the internship, all students submit an ePortfolio for evaluation. The final ePortfolio will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Artifacts: All writing and editing work produced during the internship
- Word counts for individual artifacts as well as total word count
- A log of hours and work completed each week
- A reflective essay (850-1100 words)
- An updated résumé
- A final letter of evaluation from the internship supervisor
Through this capstone project, students apply what they have learned not just through their internships, but through their coursework as English majors. Students are encouraged to think creatively, critically, and rhetorically as they design a website showcasing their professional work. Students produce a polished site that may be linked in a student’s résumé, in social media platforms such as LinkedIn, and more.
ePortfolios may be built in a variety of platforms. Many students use Wix; other options include Weebly, Wordpress, and Adobe Portfolio. Interns are encouraged to visit FSU’s Digital Studio for thoughtful guidance and feedback, as well as instruction in how to use various platforms, as they work on their ePortfolios. FSU’s Career Center also has a proprietary digital Career Portfolio platform, which features institutional branding and a straightforward template.